Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just a thought...

Good news! I finally have home internet again! It is even high speed! Now I have no reason to not post a blog everyday.... I will not interject any other excuses right here. I am a work in progress for sure! I am posting rather late tonight. I have been finishing up my homework for Bible study tomorrow (I know! I know!) I just got such a word from it that I had to tell someone! So all 4 or 5 of you, listen up! ;) We are studying the book of Acts. It is about how the early church was formed and behaved. The thing that had wowed me the most is their boldness. They had such great courage. They were literally threatened when they shared about Jesus. Thrown in prison, tortured and killed. They still told everyone about Him anyway! Verse 4:13 says they were uneducated an untrained. There goes that excuse! Verse 4:20 says that they just spoke about what they had seen and heard. I may not be able to answer every single question any one throws at me, but I can tell you what Jesus has done for me! In verse 4:29 they prayed and asked God for boldness. I can do that too. In verse 5:41 they rejoiced that God thought they were worthy enough to suffer shame for Jesus's name. Have I ever done that?... How often do I hold back the Good News because I am afraid of what someone will think? I am afraid of a thought. And these men were not afraid to die. Wow. God still has a lot of work to do in me. I am just thankful that He has not given up on me yet! I really want to be bold and fearless! This blog was a big step for me but I know there is more. I still don't always say exactly what I know the Word is saying to me because I don't want to be controversial and I want people to like me. But, who is that benefitting? And when I am I breathing my last breath, will I really be worried about what people thought of me? What will be important when I am standing before the Lord? Think about it... I also want to share my favorite part so far: At the end of chapter 5 a pharisee named Gamaliel stood up and told all the others to chill out. He named a few other men, who claimed to be somebody and had gathered followers in a revolt. After those men were killed, their followers quickly dispersed and it all came to nothing. Gamaliel told them to leave Jesus's followers alone because if their work was of men, it would come to nothing. "But if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it. You will only find yourselves fighting against God." So powerful! Wish I could ask Gamaliel if 2,000 years is long enough to prove that Jesus is the real deal! I'm convinced! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment