Monday, March 26, 2012

The Message

Why do people like to complicate things so much? Why do we have to make life harder than it really has to be? Why do we make excuses for not doing right, instead of just doing it?!

I am thankful for this time of year when we are reminded more of the simple message of the cross. It is not a complicated message. Yet, people will try to make it as complicated as they can. Why? Sometimes I think that in their minds, if they think it is too hard, then they have an excuse not to follow.

It's simple. God's Son came to earth. He was God and man. He faced all the trials a human could. He felt despair, grief, loneliness, hunger, thirst, pain. He loved people. He healed the sick. He mended broken hearts. He changed lives.  He was betrayed. Beaten beyond recognition. Mocked. He was hung on a cross and He suffered. He died. He was placed in a borrowed tomb by loving friends. On the third day, He came back to life. He was alive! The best part is, He did this for us! So that we could be with Him one day. He wants us to be with Him!

2,000 years later, not much has changed. He is still God. He still feels grief over our sin. He still hungers for our love. He still loves us! He still heals the sick and mends broken hearts. He is still mocked. Still rejected. He is still ALIVE and He still wants us!

When I think of what He did, I cannot come up with an excuse to not serve Him! What is a few hours out of my week spent at His house worshipping Him and studying His word? I owe Him that much. I owe Him my life.

Why would I chose to live a life full of sin instead of a life pleasing Him? There are so many things on earth that bring us happiness for a day and grief the next. It's just not worth it. He is worth it. When life is over and earth is no more, He will be the only thing that remains. None of the other things that we devote so much of our time to, will be here.

I pray that I will keep the spirit of Easter alive in my heart everyday of the year. That I will always be reminded of the sacrifice He made for me, when I am feeling inconvenienced by serving Him.

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for loving a world full of sinful people. Thank you for sacrificing yourself for us, even though you knew we would not be willing to sacrifice as much for you. Remind us every day of the message of the cross. You love us and you died for us. It's that simple. You paid the price of our sins! Every sin that has been and ever will be, has already been covered. We only need to accept you! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment