Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Law Breakers

My mind is stuck right now. I have tried every way to get it unstuck, but it will not unstick. I prayed about it. I tried reading my Bible but, it's still stuck.

I told God that I did not really want to get into this today, but I think He has another plan....

It's just a pet peeve of mine. When people bring up Old Testament law as a way to mock Christianity or try to dispute certain beliefs of Christianity. I used to be very confused about all of the old laws too, so I prayed for guidance. One thing God revealed to me is that I am a Gentile and those laws were written for the Old Testament Jews. They don't pertain to me.

That is not to say that the entire Old Testament is irrelevant. There is much more to God's Word in the Old Testament than just the Jewish law. There are some sins addressed in the Old Testament that are simply part of God's moral standards. These sins are still addressed in the New Testament. If you are unsure, educated yourself. Seriously study your Bible. Pray for answers. You will find them!

Thirdly, in Matthew 5:17, Jesus says that He came to fulfill the law. Jesus came in place of the law. Hebrews is a book to read for info on this. It gave me a great peace and understanding of the entire matter!

Last of all, Titus 3:9 says, "Avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless." I agree! This is the exact verse I tried to use to get out of writing this blog. I don't want to quarrel or cause controversy. God showed me that stating the truth was not quarreling. It is simply stating the truth!

Now, the Truth can cause controversy with those that don't believe in it, but it is probably also useless to argue with those people. Read your Bible, pray for them, and love them anyway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment