Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Birds

I went for a walk this morning for the first time in a couple weeks. It was so beautiful outside! Extremely cold, but very beautiful. The sun was shining. The birds were all around, singing their little songs and pecking around. I
love to watch birds. To me they are a beautiful reminder of our Creator. They come in all shapes, colors, and have different purposes. I look at them and cannot imagine that they were not created by an awesome intelligent being. They were created by my God.

I began to wonder, as I often do, how people can see all the magnificent things of creation and not believe in God. He is so evident to me. Not only in creation, but in my life. The way things always work out for me. Maybe not in the way I had hoped but in the way that is best for me.

I worry a lot about people who don't believe in God. Not only for the consequences that they personally will face, but what about the consequences of those they influence. If I am wrong, and there is nothing after death, what have I lost? I have led a decent life. I've tried my best to be kind to others and help others when I can. Nothing much lost.

However, if they are wrong, they will lose everything.

This thought always leads me to another thought. The value of an unborn life. One of the great debates of our time. There is no way we can know for sure if that tiny life has a soul. Many Christians turn to Jeremiah 1:5 for insight into this: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you". So, what if we are wrong? We did not take any innocent lives. But what if those who fight for abortion are wrong and the words of Jeremiah 1:5 are true for all human life?...

I think there are areas in all of our lives that we need to stop and think, "What if I'm wrong?" Sometimes we let our emotions or our culture influence the way we think. If you are a believer, there is only one place to turn for answers. Study the Word and pray for insight.

Our country is becoming a scarier and scarier place to stand up for Biblical beliefs. We will only be able to do it if we are constantly in the Word. It is not easy to stay in the Word, I know too well. I am the worst. But if we want to be convinced that God is real, and have unwavering faith, we must depend on God's Word! I have learned this truth first hand!

I also want to share with you another truth that the birds always remind me of. In Matthew 6:25-27 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Thank you, Lord for always providing for me. Whether my need is food, clothes, or just peace of mind, You have always been faithful to provide! Thank you for the tiny little things in every day life that are reminders of Your love for us! Help us to be strong and unwavering and fully confident in You! I love You! In Jesus's name I pray, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to finally see another post!! Couldn't wait to read it! Awesome message

    ReplyDelete