Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Praying the Word: Wisdom

One of the most important things that a believer can do is pray for others. 1 Samuel 12:23 says, "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you." We are not only expected to pray for others, but it is sinful not to!

Just in the past year, I have made the connection between God's Word and prayer. We all know that reading the Bible is important. We all know that praying is important. I cannot believe I am just learning the power of praying God's Word! I'm sure that I have been taught to do that sometime before, but I must have not been paying attention. I am just learning to use His Word in prayer and already I can see the power in doing so.

I came across a passage I had marked to pray for others today and I felt very led to share it. This is a passage for those who need wisdom, enlightenment, and revelation. It could be prayed for someone who is lost, or away from God because of sin, or even yourself when you need extra strength. This is how I pray these verses:

(Ephesians 1:16-19) Lord, I will not stop giving thanks for ___________. Help me to remember __________ in my prayers always. I am asking that You, God of our Lord Jesus Christ, glorious Father, may give ______________ the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that ____________ may know you better. I pray also that the eyes of ______________'s heart may be enlightened in order that he/she may know the hope to which you have called him/her, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power for us who believe. (Ephesians 5:8-10) ___________ is in darkness now, but I pray that he/she would be light in You, Lord, live as a child of light and find out what pleases, You, Lord. I pray that ____________ would have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (v. 14-16) It is said: Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you. Let _______________ live not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Help ________________ not to be foolish but understand what Your will is, dear Lord. IN Jesus's name I pray, Amen.


I am hoping to keep this prayer close and remember to pray it for someone every day. There are so many living in darkness. I know He is more than able to bring them all into the light. I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment