Saturday, February 18, 2012

Where does the time go?

I have to tell you that I love days like these. Rainy, dreary days where I am stuck in the house. It gives me a chance to catch up, to rest or just to sit still for a few minutes. Lately, I feel as if I am constantly GOING. Always spinning my wheels, but going nowhere.

Some days I just feel like there is not enough time in the day to get it all done. Sometimes, I just don't have the energy to get it all done. Yes, I would love to wake up to a spotless house, but by bedtime I am EXHAUSTED and I'd rather go to sleep than clean. How is it that I am constantly "doing" but never getting "done"? Sometimes, it feels completely hopeless.

I have been pondering my time a lot this past week and God has revealed to me a few things. Through another blog this week, He gave me a very comforting word: He would not have given me all of these responsibilities, if  He did not think I could handle them. All of the things He has placed in my life are blessings. My children, family, friends, church and home. These things take up my time the most, but they are also my greatest blessings. First and foremost, He has taught me that I need need to remember to be thankful that I have a full and busy life! It would probably be very boring if I was stuck in the house every single day.

Secondly, I need to be in prayer about my time. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to "pray continually". That means all the time! I have already learned to take all of my other troubles to the Lord in prayer, continually. I don't know why it is just now occurring to me to pray about my time. I constantly ask the Lord to guard my children, marriage, family and friends. I also need to be asking Him to guard my time! Time is one of the most valuable things that the enemy can steal from us. This past week, I was completely exhausted. Even though I had been sleeping well, I could barely hold my head up. As the week went on, my schedule kept filling up more and more. I asked God to please take away anything from my schedule that was unnecessary or unimportant to Him. Bang! Two afternoons freed up! Just like that! He really does want us to come to Him in prayer about everything! Even our time.

The third thing is the one I struggle with the most: Prioritizing my time. Why do I have such trouble with this one thing? In 100 years, it will not matter how clean my floors were. It will only matter what I did for HIM. There is nothing that should take precedence over prayer and study of the Word. Sadly, with everything, else going on, this often gets pushed to the side. That HAS to change.

I want to ask all of you to please pray for me as I am re-prioritizing my life and I will pray for all of you, too! I pray that each one of us will remember that time is a gift and we are to be good stewards of it. Be on guard against the enemy bringing unnecessary distractions into your life.

Thank you to everyone who has taken time out of their day to read this! Your support means so much to me! :)



1 comment: